TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION,
TNPSC Road,V.O.C.Nagar,Park Town,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Pincode-600003
Applications are invited only through online mode up to 27.12.2019 for direct recruitment to the post of Archaeological Officer in Archaeology department in Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service.
Notification No. 33/2019
Last date:27. 12. 2019
Last date for payment :30. 12. 2019
Date of Written Examination:29.02.2020 FN & AN
Name of the Post:
Name of the Service:
Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
No. of vacancies:
Scale of Pay:
Qualifications:: (as on 28.11.2019)
i) Must possess M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology
Must possess M.A.Degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil awarded by any of the University recognized by the University Grants Commission and A „Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology‟ awarded by the institute of Epigraphy, Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamil Nadu or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.
ii) Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level. Applicants must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level on the date of this Notification
Age (as on 01.07.2019)
SCs, SC(A)s, STs,MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs-No Age Limit
Modes of Examination:
(i) The candidates should choose only the subject in which they have obtained the qualification.
(ii) The question paper in „Tamil Language and Literature‟ subject will be set in Tamil language only. For the other Subjects and General studies will be set in both English and Tamil.
(iii) Refer para 22 of “Instructions to Applicants” in regard to instructions to be followed while appearing for competitive examinations conducted by the Commission.
(iv) The Syllabus for Examination is furnished in the Annexure - II of the Notification and also available in the Commission‟s website www.tnpsc.gov.in for the post of Archaeological Officer for the subjects of Ancient History and Archaeology/History and Archaeology/ Archaeology (code No.314),Indian History(code No.361),History(code No.362) and Tamil Language and Literature(code No.363).
How to Apply:
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission‟s Websites www.tnpsc.gov.in/www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in
2. One-Time Registration (OTR) and applicant Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One-Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as Registration fee. Successfully registered One- Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of Registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One-Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
3. For applying in One-Time Registration, the applicants should have scanned image of their photograph, certificate wherever insisted and signature in CD/DVD/Pen Drive to
upload the photo, certificate and signature.
4. Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create applicant Dashboard in the new One-Time Registration system. No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID in One-Time Registration.
5. Applicants should enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them. They shall not share the ID with any other person or
6. One-Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just a collection of information from the applicants and giving a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Applicant who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission‟s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE-TIME REGISTRATION.
7. Applicants should select the name of the post or service for which they wish to apply.
8. Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specification given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
9. An Online application uploaded without the photograph, specified documents and signature will be rejected.
Detailed Advertisement Download