TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION,
Notification No:. 25/2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates only through online mode up to 09.10.2019 for direct recruitment to the post of Civil Judge in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service in the prescribed format as per the provisions under the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service (Cadre and Recruitment Rules),2007 as amended.
Name of the post:
Civil Judge(Post Code. 2089)
No. of vacancies :
176 (including carried forward vacancies)
Scale of pay: Rs. 27,700-44770
Practicing Advocates/Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors:
- Must possess a Degree in Law
- Must be practicing as an Advocate or Pleader in any Court or Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience
Fresh Law Graduates:-
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate
- Must be eligible to be enrolled as an advocate
- Must have secured an overall percentage of marks:SC/ST/BC/MBC- 45% other 50%
- Must have obtained the Bachelor‟s Degree of Law within a period of three years prior
Age (as on 01.07.2019)
- SC/ST/BC/MBC/DW-25 years 40 years
- Others-25 years 35 years
- Fresh Law Graduates:-22 years 27 years
- Registration Fee:Rs.150/-
- Examination Fees:Rs.500/-
- Fees Exemption: SC/ST/SCA/PWD
- First Three attempt fees Exemption: BC/MBC
- Preliminary Examination for selection of applicants for admission to the Main Examination,
- Main Examination; and
- Viva–Vice Test
- Chennai 0100
- Madurai 1000
- Coimbatore 0200
- Tiruchirappalli 2500
- Tirunelveli 2600
- Salem 1700
- Thanjavur 1900
- Vellore 2700
- Villupuram 2800
Preliminary Examination:Objective Types
- Maximum Marks:100
- Minimum Marks:30 Marks for SC/ST/SCA, 35 Marks for BC/MBC, 40 marks for others
- Duration:3 hours
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Main Examination:(Descriptive type)
- Translation Paper 3 hours 100 Marks
- Law Paper-I 3 hours 100 Marks
- Law Paper-II 3 hours 100 Marks
- Law Paper-III 3 hours 100 Marks
- Vivo Vice: 60 Mrks
- 30% Marks for SC/ST/SCA, , 35%Marks for BC/MBC, 40%marks for others
- Question Paper will be Tamil and English.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission‟s Websites www.tnpsc.gov.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in and One Time Registration (OTR) and “Applicant‟s Dashboard” are mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as registration fee. Successfully registered One Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of Registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
Detailed Advertisement download
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination:
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981
- The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Specific Relief Act, 1963
- The Constitution of India
- The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act, 1960 and Tamil Nadu
- Regulation of Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants Act, 2017 (Tamil
- Nadu Act 42 of 2017)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) Acts
- The Criminal Minor Acts (including Information Technology Act, 2000; The
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012).
- General Knowledge (Degree standard),
- Test of Reasoning and Mental ability (S.S.L.C. standard).
Syllabus for Main Examination:
(i) Translation Paper:
Translation of passages from English to Tamil and from Tamil to English. The passages will be from Pleadings, Depositions, Orders, Judgments and Documents.
(ii) Law Paper – I:
The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908; The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; Principles of pleading and the Constitution of India (as Amended).
(iii) Law Paper – II:
Framing of Issues and Writing of Judgments in Civil Cases.
(iv) Law Paper –III:
Framing of charges and Writing of Judgments in Criminal Cases.