UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS,
(Re-accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade),
Centenary Buildings, Chepauk,
Chennai - 600 005
Applications are invited for the following post:
Name of the Post:
Dean, College Development Council
No. of Post:
Three years or a minimum period of two years on attaining the age of 60 years
whichever is earlier.
Rs.1,44,200- Rs. 2,18,200/- (Level 14).
[i] A Master’s degree in Arts/Science or Humanities with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade of “B” in the UGC seven point scale;
[ii] Experience of at least 15 years in Teaching/Research or both of which at least 2 years as Head of a Department in a College/University/Director of Research
Establishment or Principal of a recognized college.
[iii] Preference may be given to candidates with proven ability in executing and implementing funded research projects/innovative programmes in teaching and research.
[iv] Ph. D. qualification in the respective field.
[v] Research publications are desirable.
Shall not exceed 58 years (Fifty Eight years) on the date of applying for the post.
GT /MBC/BC: Rs.500/-
SC/ST/DAP candidates is Rs.250/-
How to Apply:
Those who claim experience in various teaching positions held in Self-financing/Private/ Govt. Aided institutions should get a certificate stating the post, scale of pay and period of service counter signed by RJD/DOTE of Government of Tamil Nadu.
Detailed Advertisement and Application:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
1. Application shall be addressed to the Registrar [by designation only]. University of Madras,Chennai – 600 005.
2. Applicants are required to forward their applications [8 copies] in the prescribed form with full particulars viz.,
a. Proof of age with an attested copy of the first page of SSLC Book.
b. Qualifications degrees [with year/years of passing and University in which
the degrees were taken]
c. Other academic distinctions, publications, if any;
d. Present occupation and salary with scale of pay;
e. Languages with which the applicant is conversant together with copies of
f. Name of two persons to whom a reference can be made.
[Candidates are advised to take Xerox copy of the application form. Self-designed application formats shall not be entertained]
3. Applications from candidates, who are in service, shall be sent through proper channel. If they anticipate any delay, they may send 7 copies in advance to the Registrar. However, their applications will be considered and they will be called for interview only if their applications forwarded through proper channel are received in time. Therefore, it shall be ensured that the applications sent through proper channel are received in time.
4. The enclosures to be appended are [i] attested true copy of the first page of SSLC book in evidence of date of birth and age; [ii] reprints of available papers; [iii] a list of papers
published by the applicants [iv] attested true copies of certificates of credentials of educational qualifications and Academic distinctions.
5. Applicants who attempt to canvass or bring influence in any manner shall be disqualified.
6. If selected candidates shall be required to join duty immediately and enter into an agreement,with the University in accordance with the laws of the University.
7. The last date for submission of filled in application is 21.01.2019. The applications received after the last date and applications with incomplete particulars shall be summarily rejected, without any notice.
8. Inquiries through telephones or in person shall not be entertained.
9. If a person is willing to apply for more than one post, separate application has to be
10. The Syndicate reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the post without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
11. Candidates should invariably fill in the information regarding court cases pending, criminal cases, disciplinary actions or equivalent etc. in the relevant column of the application form.Any changes in this information as and when occurred after the submission of application form till the completion of recruitment process should be brought to the notice of the University by the candidate, failing which the University reserves the right to cancel the candidature and to debar him/her from all selections.
12. Pay protection will be given to teachers from Government and Government Aided Institutions
and for others the pay will be fixed at the minimum of the assigned scale of pay.