Government of India, Department of Space,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology,
[Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act 1956]
Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, 695547
Advt. No. IIST/Admn/RMT/11(a)/2017
Last Date: 31.08.2017
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites applications for the following position of Engineers on Contract basis.
Name of Post:
Consolidated Monthly Remuneration : Rs.25,000/-
BE/ B.Tech or equivalent Degree in Civil Engineering with First Class and minimum 65% of
Marks or CGPA 6.84/ 10.
Desirable:2 years experience in Civil Engineering works
Tenure : One year (Extendable on need and performance basis)
Age limit : 35 years as on 31.08.2017 (Age relaxation as per Government of India rules).
General Conditions/ Instructions:
1. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
2. BE/B.Tech degrees should be in FIRST CLASS.
3. The Institute reserves the right to terminate the appointment at any time before completion of the tenure, if it so decides.
4. Application received online only will be considered for processing under any circumstances.
5. The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the candidates while filling the profile.
6. Facility for online submission of application will be available from 14.08.2017
(1500hrs onwards) to 31.08.2017(upto1700hrs).
7. A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned is required in respect of
those applicants who are employed under Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.
8. Only short listed candidates will be called for written test/interview, as the case may be, based on merit.
9. Candidates shortlisted for written test / interview will be intimated through e-mail id mentioned in their online application.
10. Shortlisted candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD should produce copies of the relevant certificates issued by the Competent Authority to that effect.
11. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
12. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
13. Government strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women
candidates are encouraged to apply.
14. Candidates who are selected for the positions have to join IIST by the specified date.
15. Engineer on contract is not entitled for hostel facility at IIST.
16. Candidates are advised to refer the IIST website https://www.iist.ac.in/career/3 for any updates.
Application for Civil Engineer (Online Application only) -
Online Application will be enabled from 14.08.2017 (1500 hrs) to 31.08.2017 (1700 hrs)