NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN TUBERCULOSIS
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
No.1, Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road, Chetpet, Chennai – 600 031
No. NIRT/PROJ/ESTT/RECTT/2017‐18/P 017 Dated: 10.7.2017
Applications are invited up to 31.7.2017 for the following post to be filled purely on temporary basis for the Project titled ‘Impact of Immune Changes of Pregnancy on Tuberculosis’,implemented by this Institute.
Name of the post :
Project Technical Assistant –
Lab-01Desirable qualification Prior experience in cell culture, flow cytometry and ELISA .
Training in FACS Diva and/or Flow Jo.
Emoluments Consolidated Salary Rs.31,000/‐ p.m
Essential Qualification: Graduate in Life Science from a recognized university with 3 years’ work
experience from a recognized institution OR Master’s degree in relevant subject.
Age limit : Not exceeding 30 years. Age relaxation as per GOI rules
Duration of contract One year.
1. Applications must be superscribed with “Name of the post applied” at the left top corner of
the envelope and applications received after last date (due to Postal/ Courier delays) will not
2. Candidates are required to apply in the prescribed format with complete information and
3. Candidates are required to mention one valid E‐Mail ID.
4. Any application without self‐attested copy of relevant certificates / mark sheets /
testimonials is liable to be rejected.
5. Additional sheets may be attached in the same format, wherever the space allocated is
6. The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of submitted information, other
documents and photograph. Furnishing of false information and/or suppression/concealment of facts shall lead to rejection/cancellation of
7. Caste certificate of SC/ST/OBC‐NCL should be on the prescribed proforma only issued by the
competent authority as per Act / Orders of Government of India under which the same is
recognized as SC/ST/OBC‐NCL.
8. Reservation will be strictly as per Government of India norms.
9. The competent authority may fix the criteria for shortlisting the candidates higher than the
prescribed essential qualifications as per recommendations of the internal screening
committee as well as actual or specific requirements of the posts. Hence, mere fulfilment of
essential qualifications and experience, requirements does not entail the candidates, eligible
to be called for written test.
10. In case of large number of applications received, competent authority has the right to set
higher norms than the minimum. The shortlisting may be done based on academic
performance and quality / quantity of relevant experience. Written test will be held for the
selected shortlisted candidates. The list of shortlisted candidates eligible for further
participation in the selection process shall be uploaded/displayed on the Institute website /
11. Venue and date of written test after shortlisting / scrutinising of applications will be
intimated through speed post.
12. Interim enquiries relating to any matter will not be entertained.
13. The competent authority reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without
assigning any reason. No recommendation in this matter will be entertained.
14. The competent authority also reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of
vacancies as per the requirement.
15. Original documents / certificates will have to be produced at the time of written
test., for verification.
16. Canvassing in any form will lead to rejecting of application form.
17. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates regarding conduct
and result of written test and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
18. The decision of the competent authority will be final in the matter of selection.
19. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the written test/interview.
20. The incumbent selected will have no claim for regular appointment under ICMR or
continuation of his/her services in any other projects.
21. Candidates having proficiency in the local language of the State and English will be
How to apply:
1. Interested candidates may apply on the prescribed application form, which may be
downloaded from the website www.nirt.res.in
2. Application must be accompanied by non‐refundable processing fee of Rs.100/‐ (Rupees One
Hundred Only) in the shape of demand draft from any nationalized Bank in favour of
Director, NIRT, Chennai. SC/ST, PH and women candidates are exempted from the payment
of fee, on production of valid certificate.
3. Application forms complete in all respects along with self‐attested copies of
certificates / documents, should reach the Office of the Director, National Institute for
Research in Tuberculosis (ICMR), No.1, Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600
4. Incomplete application forms will not be entertained and the applications received after the
due date will not be considered and rejected straightaway.
Application Download :