NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN TUBERCULOSIS
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
No.1, Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road,, Chetpet, Chennai - 600 031
WALK-IN-WRITTEN TEST FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
The following post is to be filled purely on temporary basis from highly motivated and bright candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow under Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India sponsored Project entitled “Studies on epigenome wide alterations in alveolar macrophages during Mycobacterium Tuberculosis infections in guinea pig pulmonary tuberculosis model”, implemented by the Institute.
Name of the Position
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
MSc in Microbiology / Molecular Biology/Bio-Technology with valid NET qualification ICMR, CSIR JRF candidates / Inspire awardee candidates are eligible to apply.
Desirable qualifications Knowledge in Bio-informatics.
Age 28 years
Salary Rs.25,000/- + HRA 30%
The position is for one year, initially and likely to continue for 3 years.Candidate selected for the position can also apply for regular Ph D program, provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Date of Written Test 1.8.2017
Knowledge of Tamil is a desirable qualification for the post.
• The selected candidates will be posted to work anywhere in India.
• The appointee will not have any claim for a regular post in the Institute or in any
Department of GOI or under NIRT / ICMR or continuation of his / her service in any other
• NIRT reserves the right not to fill the above post without assigning any reason. The number
of vacancy shown is only tentative and it may vary. No enquiry in this regard will be
• Mere possession of the educational qualifications and requisite experience will not entitle
any right for selection.
• No TA /DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• The competent authority reserves the right to select the candidate or refuse any or all the
candidates at its discretion without any reason.
• Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside
influence with regard to selection, recruitment shall be a disqualification.
• The Director reserves the right to shortlist the candidates depending upon the number of applications.
Application: Click here