COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT GROUP, EXAMINATION UNIT
CSIR COMPLEX, LIBRARY AVENUE, PUSA, NEW DELHI-110012.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
Advertisement No.10-2(5)/2017(i) - E.U.II
CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Lectureship
Tentatively on 18th June, 2017
Admit card /Hall Ticket
- TENTATIVE DATE OF SINGLE MCQ EXAMINATION : 18.06.2017
- DATE OF START OF ONLINE SUBMISSION: 08.02.2017
- DATE OF CLOSE OF DEPOSIT OF FEE (ALL STATION): 07.03.2017
- DATE OF CLOSE OF ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION (ALL STATION): 08.03.2017
1. CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test Tentatively on Sunday 18th June, 2017 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research,as applicable
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only”depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test, subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only. Candidates with M.Sc. qualification OR under M.Sc. Result Awaited (RA) category shall be eligible for LS subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF - NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship.
Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of Sept/Oct, 2017 and fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from 1st January, 2018 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme.
SUBJECTS OF THE TEST
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
1. Chemical Sciences,
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
3. Life Sciences,
4. Mathematical Sciences,
5. Physical Sciences,
M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates.
Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on 01.03.2016, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION:
For JRF (NET):Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2017 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non creamy layer)/ Persons with disability (PwD) and female applicants).For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
Schemes of Examintuion:
Morning Session 9.00AM-12.00 Noon 3 hrs
Afternoon Session 2.00 PM-5.00 PM
SYLLABUS OF THE TEST
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in.Note: The Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June, 2017 CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam onwards. The revised exam scheme and model Question paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati,Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune,Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan OR through RTGS/NEFT:
Sr.No. CATEGORY FEES
1. General Rs. 1000/-
2. Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer Rs. 500/-
3. SC/ST/ Persons with disability (PwD) Rs. 250/-
APPLY THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website:
www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website a
THE LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:
The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the Deputy Secretary (Exam), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 14.03. 2017.
For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura,Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before 21.03.2017.
1. While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
2. While applying Online, apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush.
3. Ensure that completed Hard Copy of Online application alongwith requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
4. List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on our website tentatively on 16.05.2017. The candidates must refer to our website for checking their registration in time & for having updates from time to time.
5. Facility for downloading e-Admission Certificates to the registered candidates will be provided on our website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. No duplicate e-admission certificate shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
6. The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be supplied bilingual Question Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
7. The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
8. Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the required qualifying Exam may apply under Result Awaited (RA) category & submit attestation format as given in the application form.\
9. More than one application form from a candidate opting different subject (s) will not be accepted in any case.
10. Candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate,he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her. No change in the entries made in the original application form will be allowed under any circumstances at later stage.
11. No relevant column of the application form should be left blank. Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected.
12. No candidates shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 Hours from the start of the exam.
13. The candidates will be permitted to take their Question Booklet and also the carbonless duplicate copy of OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination for their reference/record.
14. The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Question Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
15. No individual intimation by any mode will be sent to the candidates.
16. Hard copy of the online Application alongwith the enclosure(s) should be sent in their own envelope after super scribing the Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code & online generated application No. on top of the envelope.
17. OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on NCBC website) and are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC Non Creamy Layer (NCL) shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes and shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age & fee concession etc. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.