UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION :E-ADMIT CARD
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination-2017
How to Download E-Admit Card:
It will Show as:
Then Select Any one of the below option
By Registration Id
By Roll Number
1. Check the eAdmit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
2. Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
3. Bring this eAdmit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
4. You are responsible for safe custody of the eAdmit Card and in the event of any other person using this eAdmit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
5. Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
6. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
7. You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
8. If you appear at a centre / subcentre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your eAdmit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
9. Read the "Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination" given in "Rules for the Examination" available in Examination Notice and "Poster" containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
10. Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
11. Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
12. There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
13. Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
14. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
15. Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the eadmit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport,Voter I Card etc.and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
16. Orthopedically /Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate eAdmit Card for such scribe. The eAdmit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
1. Admit Card Application is best suitable on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers.
3. Do not use mobile or other gadgets for downloading e-ADMITCARD.Preferably use Windows OS on Desktop Machine.
4. If you are having problem in downloading e-Admitcard using suggested browsers then clear the cache and cookies of browser using browser setting. In case if you are still unable to download the e-Admitcard then please try to download the admitcard using other computer machine.
5. If the candidate is blocked by the server in case of repetitive downloading please contact UPSC ADMINISTRATOR immediately through e-mail: - web-upsc[at]nic[dot]in to unblock the downloading.
If you are a Visually Impaired/LDCP(Writing Extremity) and have opted for 'OWN SCRIBE', please take print out of 'IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCRIBE' before downloading the e-ADMITCARD and bring the same along with this e-ADMITCARD to be permitted to enter the examination hall. Click Here for Scribe Instructions
1. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2017 will be held in two sessions and each session will have two hours plus twenty minutes per hour (total forty minutes)compensatory time for Visually Impaired candidates (visual impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability with Cerebral Palsy (suffering from dominant writing) extremity with minimum 40% impairment only.Such candidates will accordingly be allowed two hours and forty minutes to answer in each session.
2. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
3. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe
4. The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on candidate’s instruction, mark and shade the appropriate circles on the objective type OMR sheet. The candidate will clearly indicate to the scribe as to which of the four responses in his/her estimation, is the correct response so that the scribe can mark the answer accordingly by blackening the appropriate circle with Black Ball Point Pen.
5. The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her.Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
6. The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer sheet.
7. The candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidates and their scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
8. No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidates or the scribes brought by them.
9. Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.