Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)
Chennai - 600036
IIT Madras invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the levels
Name of the Post:
Pay Band: Rs.37400-67000+AGP 9500
Qualification: Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout
Pay Band: Rs.15600-39100+AGP 8000
Qualification: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout
Name of the Departments:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Management Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
How to Apply:Eligible Candidates are Apply Online and login in this site to get started with the application process. Choose the option "Create new account" in the user login menu, enter a login name of your choice and a valid email address. An email will be sentrom "email@example.com"
Applications are to be submitted online at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the data sheet (only) to:
Chennai 600 036.
• The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before April 23, 2017
OTHER SUPPORT FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT OF FACULTY
• For candidates joining the Institute from abroad - Reimbursement of one-way economy
class airfare for travel subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum
period of 3 years.
• Relocation allowance of Rs.50,000/- or actual, whichever is less, towards transportation of
personal effects is also provided for candidates joining the Institute from abroad.
• Initiation Grant of Rs. 5 lakhs on joining, to be used for initial research set up, travelling to
• Startup Grant of Rs.20 lakhs or more for carrying out research project of 3 years duration.
• Reimbursement of telephone bills up to Rs.750/p.m. and STD facility for office telephone.
• A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs.3 lakhs for every block
period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the
faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and
international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies and
• No limit on the attendance at International Conferences without Institute financial
• Accommodation: On arrival, may stay in Guest House up to a month on concessional rates
and allotment of single bedroom quarter on spot allotment basis subject to availability.
• The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and
professional institutions. Consultancy is encouraged at IIT Madras and liberal consultancy
policies are in practice.
• Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation period for carrying out scientific
• Flexible Sabbatical Leave facility.
• Facilities for Research and Development activities exist in all the Departments and
Centres. These are being continuously modernized with contemporary equipment and
services. Good facilities also exist for computing. The Institute has a well-stocked library.
• Medical Insurance for cash-less in-patient treatment at leading hospitals and free
outpatient support in the well equipped Institute Hospital for Staff & dependents.
• Most of the day-to-day facilities are available on the Campus including banks, post office,
small shopping center, schools (upto 12th standard), Crèche for children, well equipped
hospital, sports facilities including a swimming pool and vast play-grounds for field games.
Cultural facilities include film clubs, Classical music societies, debating and drama, hobbies
club and the Staff Club